Yoga is, at its core, a practice of the mind. Of course, there are added physical benefits too. Here’s my top 10 list of reasons why I practice (in no particular order):
1. I am kinder to myself and others.
2. I am able to find peace despite the chaos around me.
3. I feel more engaged with those around me.
4. I sleep more soundly.
5. I feel stronger and more flexible.
6. I am better able to tackle challenges with creativity and calm.
7. I am better able to find delight in the simple things.
8. I create time for myself so that I have more time for others.
9. I feel comfortable and confident in my body.
10. I smile more often.
These are my top 10 reasons, what are yours? This is a great exercise to find out what is truly important to you.